The school has a long and proud tradition of service to the town and surrounding area. It was established in 1909 and moved to its Marloch Avenue site in 1971 (pictured here). In 2011, the school moved to an Interim Shared Campus location with St Stephen's High School until a new purpose built Community Campus opens in 2013 (See Port Glasgow Shared Campus)
In 2006 the school joined the Schools of Ambition programme in partnership with St Stephen's High School. Additional funding was available until 2010 to enable transformational change. The story of our Schools of Ambition achievements is featured elsewhere on the site.